Thursday, October 16, 2008

delicious dinner in ankara

Things got a little hairy the last few days but I wanted to post photos of the most delicious dinner of eggplant kebaps that we had in Ankara. K's friend took us out to a restaurant that specialized Southeastern Turkish food. We started with a little fresh tabouli and special sheeps milk cheese with the chopped salad of tomatos, parsley and peppers with a pomegranate juice dressing--at least most of the salads had this dressing not sure if this did.
Then had kebaps of lamb and eggplant--I was instructed on the proper way to skin all the vegetables and wrap them with the meat in a piece of thin bread. I was told that I could mess it up this time and the second time having it but the third time I needed to do it correctly--this when I tried to eat it without wrapping it in the bread. ridiculously delicious.

 
followed by fruit plate...


and special dessert made from pine nuts, honey and warm wheat paste(!, kind of like cream of wheat) with a little bit of ice cream in it. I kept forgetting to photograph before I started eating so everything has bite taken out of it.


After we went back to K's friends office and had Turkish coffee and he called out to find someone to come and read the grounds but no one was available...next time.

No comments: