Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 4

I have some kind of culture shock when I get to the village, maybe it's combined with timezone and language issues, but I always feel like there's no way I can possibly survive however many days we've planned to be here. The past visits I thought this would resolve with knowing everyone or being fluent in Turkish but I'm thinking it may just be 'normal' for being dropped into an alternate universe. Not that I'm fluent or even passable in Turkish, everyone is very disappointed and urges me to study--I tell them I am very lazy, which is true about Turkish. Today I felt a little better.

I didn't take many photos today--a few on Mina and her cousin, chewing on raw eggplants. Mina stole half of Elif's eggplant, as she steals anything the Elif is playing with--fast handed baby. I'm not sure if raw eggplant is the best for babies to eat but there are only so many times I can protest and I figure that it's better for her than chewing on the cell phone.

No comments: