Monday, May 10, 2010

Lazy day

I got a little lazy in general about writing, I guess that's good
since it means that I'm sleeping! Photos from today below--breakfast
is really the best time of day. We wake up really early, like 5-6am
and it's cool outside and the light is beautiful on the hills. And
breakfast involves various combinations of home made dairy products;
the fresh butter, yogurt and cheese made me think maybe I could live
here on monday but by Wednesday(when I'm actually writing this!) I'm
quite sure that I couldn't live here. The dairy products are
convincing though--the butter is bright yellow in the photo below and
I doubt I will ever have such delicious butter again. I used the bread
solely as a vehicle to eat the butter. K's mother made special
turnover-like things this morning with cheese and lots of parsley
inside. I got to put the stuffing in and seal the edges. I know I
complained about how as a sister-in-law I would have to do lots of
dishwashing but I actually enjoy it, even the cold water as it's
refreshing. My knees are not loving how we do so much sitting on the
floor however.
We planted a tree today too, a pomegranate tree on the edge of the
yard. Then we slept alot since sleeping is the best way to kill a hot
afternoon and then had tons of aunties visit again at night.

Donkeys are really hilarious. I'm like the tourist in NY who stops to
watch the fire trucks--no one here notices the donkey and rooster
noises but they completely crack me up.

1 comment:

sallyb said...

Loved the photo of the tea pouring. I explained to people here in the US about the lovely little tea glassess, how they are, as our new friend Turgut explained to us, "In the shape of a woman's figure."